Folder Municipal Financing
The Fiscal Review Committee was established in 2012 to provide a comprehensive review of the current provincial-municipal fiscal arrangement including all provincial-municipal programs. The Committee's research will encompass:
- the current financial condition of municipalities in NS
- the existing grants and other funding programs that exist for municipalities in NS
- Municipal contributions to the Province
- Non financial supports currently offered to municipalities in NS
- Emerging issues in municipal structure across Canada.
A Steering Committee has been established consisting of representatives from the UNSM, various Deputy Ministers from the Province, and the co-chairs of the Working Committee. The Working Committee is comprised of the UNSM Executive Director, AMA Executive Director, other members of AMA and SNSMR staff.