NSFM chooses five priority areas of focus for the organization at our annual general meeting, called our resolutions. In 2019, the members voted to keep our priorities for three years to give staff time to advocate on the issues and work with other levels of government toward change.
Our 2019-2022 resolutions are:
- Removing the CAP on property assessment
- Implementing Extended Producer Responsibility
- Addressing inadequacies in funding levels and formula for Municipal Funding
- Acting to bring legislation to enable Municipal Modernization including new governance and collaboration models
- Funding for Roads including equitable funding for Towns and former towns for shared arterial and collector and increased funding for J-Class roads
Statements of concern are issues that our members have identified as areas they would like NSFM to work on once we have success with our other priorities.
These include issues like:
- Sustainability and Infrastructure Funding
- Climate Change
- Municipal Responsibilities
- Surplus Schools