Municipality of the County of Pictou
• Our administrative offices have closed to walk-in traffic effective immediately, and until further notice.
• Payment of tax and water accounts will continue to be accepted through online banking through financial institutions, or by cheque/money order.
• Council will continue to meet in the future electronically rather than in person and meeting rooms in the municipality’s administration building will no longer be available to the public for meeting space.
• Steps are being done to have staff work from home with the exception of public works which will continue to service water and sewer sites but will do so by traveling to areas alone in separate vehicles and distancing themselves at scenes that require more than one person on a project.
• Our Bylaw and Dog Control Officer is continuing to work as usual with social distancing procedures in place.
• All recreation programs have been suspended, but our recreation coordinator and active living coordinator are continuing to work on upcoming events and programs.
• Website and social media sites will continue to be updated regularly and submissions of photos and community happenings are welcome by email.
• Reduced hours are in place at Pictou County Solid Waste’s Mount William site, but the curbside collection will continue as usual.
• Our Building Inspections Department is continuing to provide this service to County residents and businesses. However, since precautions are being taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19, our staff has put new procedures in place to protect themselves and residents.