Town of Kentville
• At the March 30th virtual meeting of Town Council motions were passed that aim to assist those experiencing hardship during this time of emergency.
• All interest charges will be waived on all outstanding accounts from April 1st – June 30th, 2020. This applies to property taxes, water rates, and sanitary sewer rates.
• The due date for property tax bills has been extended to June 30th, 2020.
• Town Hall is closed to the public until further notice. The Kentville Centennial Arena and the Kentville Recreation Centre are also closed until further notice.
• The April meeting of Council Advisory Committee will also include the April meeting of Council: there will be two meetings back-to-back to reduce the number of meeting times for Council and staff. These meetings will be closed to the public but will be streamed on Facebook Live as with current practices.
• All staff are alternating duties that require them to work in the office or public works and those that can work from home are. With regards to pay, if they are required to or decide to self-isolate they will use sick leave or EI otherwise, all are being paid their regular salaries.
• Staff will continue to serve Kentville citizens through email, on the phone, through Facebook and via the various contact forms on the Kentville website.