Town of Pictou
• The Town of Pictou plans to ask the NSURB to move the next quarterly water bill from May 8 to June 30.
• At their next meeting, Council will vote on setting the due date for the interim tax bill a month later than normal would give flexibility to residents and business owners who are impacted financially by the current state of emergency. Interest will remain on outstanding invoices.
• The next Tax Sale in June 2020 could be postponed to the fall.
• The Town of Pictou has suspended front counter services.
• The Pictou Fisheries Training Pool has suspended operations until April 3, 2020.
• Payment of tax and water accounts continue to be accepted through online and telephone banking via financial institutions, telephone banking or by cheque/money order.
• The Town of Pictou closed the following playgrounds until further notice - Broidy Park Playground, Veterans Drive Playground and Pine Street Playground. Signs are posted but there will be no physical barrier as we do not want to create a public safety hazard.