Town of Wolfville
• The Town has started looking into options that may be required to assist taxpayers in the coming months. Bills will be coming out for both Water (end of March) and Property taxes (end of April). Typically, these invoices are due 30 days later.
• Senior Management will review options with Council that may include extending due dates, waiving interest on arrears for a period of time, and possible temporary reduction in interim tax bills (eg. 25%) as the Town and community begin to experience the economic impact of the COVID-19 health protocols required by the province.
• Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, all Town of Wolfville buildings will be closed to the public until further notice (Town Hall, Recreation Centre, Community Development/Public Works Building). All afterschool and recreation/environmental programs are cancelled until further notice.
• An email address has been set up to allow for the continuation of timely responses to the public related to municipal services. This is the preferred method for contacting the Town for the foreseeable future.
• The Town’s regular switchboard number will continue to be operational from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, for anyone unable to use the email option to communicate with Town staff; and the emergency after-hours telephone number will remain available.
• All Town trails and parks are closed but the Harvest Moon Trail remains open to the public at this time.